SCREEN-L Archives

March 1993

Sender:
From:
Mark Bunster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 1993 13:30:29 EST
*
* I don't understand what you mean when you say a "CEO ... should not be
* responsibel for the effects on the people who work for it."  I think
* you fail to see the point of the film.    The ultimate responsibilty
* of the corporation is to its workers.  When a multinational corporation
* grows so large that it can no longer fulfill the resoponsibility it
* has to the workers and towns who have devoted their lives to it, then
* it should be criticized.
* Moore was not trying to place all of the blame on Roger Smith.  Smith
* only represented the patriarchal system of corporate management which
* is capable of destroying its worker's lives and security.
*
Sarcasm. Sarcasm. Sarcasm.
And I think Smith, as the head of the system Moore wanted to criticize, was
intentionally made to bear the brunt of the blame for Flint's troubles.
(That part not sarcasm)

--
Mark Bunster                      |  Hassan Chop! mersh is available!
Survey Research Lab--VCU          |  cassettes, shirts, stickers, etc.