SCREEN-L Archives

October 1994

Sender:
From:
Blaine Allan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Oct 1994 22:40:13 EDT
The discussion about Pulp Fiction seems to have abated somewhat, but
Pulpheads might be interested in Lisa Kennedy's article in the current
Village Voice (25 October 1994), "Natural Born Filmmaker:  Quentin
Tarantino Versus the Film Geeks."  In part an account of Tarantino's
originality and the accusations of lack thereof, a publicity-born
profile, and a query about issues of race pertaining to him and his
films, it also contains (for me) the quotation of the week.  Don
Murphy, a producer of Natural Born Killers:  "I would openly celebrate
Quentin's death.  I never had a falling out per se, but his actions
since becoming Quentin Tarantino have been diabolical."

Blaine Allan                           [log in to unmask]
Film Studies
Queen's University
Kingston, Ontario
Canada  K7L 3N6