SCREEN-L Archives

September 1998, Week 2

Sender:
From:
Kino International Corporation <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Sep 1998 17:35:45 -0500
I still remain confused as to why Wenders had to get rid off ALL of the old
16mm prints and I assume negatives. Even if they were not that great, they
were better than nothing. No One could spend money to make ALL NEW 16mm
negs, titles & ,35mm prints etc. I am glad he cares so much about quality
but the net result is that the films will never again be available in 16mm
and it seems unlikely they will come abound in 35mm exept in some special
tour. I do think he shot himself in th foot by taking everything he could
off the market

Jessica Rosner
Kino

Kino International Corporation