SCREEN-L Archives

February 1993

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1993 09:26:12 -0500
I can't help but remember the day (and night) that the space shuttle
explosion was broadcasted over and over and over and over again: the
explosion followed by a guide for the home audience (a guide for how to
react to what we just saw) -- eyes looking upward, growing recognition
of the tragedy, tears, hugging, silence.  You can't tell me that this
footage didn't manipulate the general public's reaction to the incident,
didn't affect the political responce.  Jon, would this come close to
your idea of objectivity?

Carol Robinson
Gallaudet University
Washington, D.C.