SCREEN-L Archives

December 2002, Week 4

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 20:39:47 EST
From:
Peter Rollins <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask] cc: "Alan E. Steinweis" <[log in to unmask]>, Naomi Seidman <[log in to unmask]>, Michael Phayer <[log in to unmask]>, Michael Nutkiewicz <[log in to unmask]>, James Moore <[log in to unmask]>, "Marc A. Krell" <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], Zev W Garber <[log in to unmask]>, Esther Fuchs <[log in to unmask]>, Richard Freund <[log in to unmask]>, Sam Edelman <[log in to unmask]>, leonard dinnerstein <[log in to unmask]>, "Dr. Michael Berkowitz" <[log in to unmask]>, Alan Berger <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
CFP:  WAR AND POPULAR CULTURE…

2003 SW/Texas PCA/ACA Conference
February 12-15
The Albuquerque Hilton, Albuquerque, NM
www.swtexaspca.org

SUBMISSION DEADLINE:  December 31, 2002  (get ready!)

Description of topic:  War and Popular Culture

Now is the time to think about war and American
popular culture-to prepare ourselves and the nation
for what lies ahead.  Ships are being loaded as we
speak….

How do Americans see war in prospect?
How does the culture respond to the war experience?
How do we reflect on war once the battles are over?

Talk about specific struggles or generalize about
these issues in a 20 min. presentation.

Novels, films, television shows are all eligible in this
field.  Feature films and documentaries are also important.
Personal narratives are welcomed from veterans who have
a story to tell.

We are interested in all aspects of War in American
or popular culture, from changing roles, to media influence,
to depiction in literary forms.  All ideas are welcomed, and
we hope you'll join us!  We're an open-minded, interesting
group who enjoy new ideas and insights.

Submission Content:
Name
E-mail address