SCREEN-L Archives

December 2002, Week 4

Sender:
From:
"Larsson, Donald F." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 10:31:34 -0600
Well, except for some of us more obsessive types, everyone in the US in
on holiday break right now.  But to respond to your other question, the
studios were forced to divest themselves of their theater holdings after
the 1948 Paramount case decision by the US Supreme Court.  See Tino
Balio's THE AMERICAN FILM INDUSTRY, among others, for more details.  My
own web server is down right now, but you should be able to find a
number of sites online that mention the case as well.

Don Larsson

"Only connect"  --E.M. Forster
Donald F. Larsson
Department of English, AH 230