* I don't understand what you mean when you say a "CEO ... should not be
* responsibel for the effects on the people who work for it." I think
* you fail to see the point of the film. The ultimate responsibilty
* of the corporation is to its workers. When a multinational corporation
* grows so large that it can no longer fulfill the resoponsibility it
* has to the workers and towns who have devoted their lives to it, then
* it should be criticized.
* Moore was not trying to place all of the blame on Roger Smith. Smith
* only represented the patriarchal system of corporate management which
* is capable of destroying its worker's lives and security.
Sarcasm. Sarcasm. Sarcasm.
And I think Smith, as the head of the system Moore wanted to criticize, was
intentionally made to bear the brunt of the blame for Flint's troubles.
(That part not sarcasm)
Mark Bunster | Hassan Chop! mersh is available!
Survey Research Lab--VCU | cassettes, shirts, stickers, etc.
Richmond, VA 23220 |You'll never see a fish head in an
[log in to unmask] |Italian restaurant, drinking
(804) ELK-O-COP |Cappucino with an Oriental woman.