SCREEN-L Archives

October 1994

Sender:
From:
Ulf Dalquist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Oct 1994 09:22:03 +0100
>Dave Spiceland  wrote:
>        Recently I was browsing a stack of books on the Internet at a
>local bookstore when I saw an online source for searching film info via
>Telnet. I meant to write the cite down and didn't (now haven't we ALL
>done that before??). Anyway...I came back trying to find the book and
>it was gone (or I had been dreaming). Could some kind soul point me to
>the Telnet source (if it exists)?
>        I also noticed that a disk version of Leonard Maltin's film
>guide will be out soom (NOT the CD-Rom version). Any sources or costs
>available?

There's a couple of them. The biggest and best (as far as I know) is:

telnet ukanaix.cc.ukans.edu  (login: www)  needs vt100
    then look under "by Subject" then "Movies"

If you have a WWW browser you can reach it at:
http://www.msstate.edu/Movies/

This info sampled from the Movie Database FAQ usually available at newsgroups:
rec.arts.movies,alt.cult-movies,rec.arts.sf.movies,alt.answers,rec.answers

Ulf
-- Ulf Dalquist Dept. of Sociology --
 --  Box 114 221 00 Lund SWEDEN   --