SCREEN-L Archives

July 2022, Week 4

From:
Pam Wojcik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jul 2022 07:28:46 -0500
I'd like to post the following:

*Job Announcement*:

The Department of Film, Television, and Theatre (FTT) at the University of
Notre Dame is seeking a candidate for an appointment as a tenure-track
*assistant
professor in filmmaking (live action and/or animation)* with a starting
date of August 2023.

*The Department of Film, Television, and Theatre*

FTT (https://ftt.nd.edu) is a large dynamic department that provides a
liberal arts approach to the study of film, television, and theatre with a
unique mix of course offerings in production, design, writing, performance,
history and theory.  FTT offers an undergraduate Bachelor of Arts major and
a graduate minor in Screen Cultures. FTT is committed to anti-racism and
social justice in its curriculum, performances, research, student
work, and hiring
practices.

*Job Description*

Candidates will be expected to maintain a tenurable body of work and teach
a 2-2 load consisting of various self-designed undergraduate courses.
Candidates may be asked to supervise student theses. Candidates will be
expected to perform some service to the department, college and/or
university through committees.

*Qualifications*:

●      Candidates must have an active record of creative work, evidence of
which may include professional credits, festival exhibitions, and/or
publications in trade or academic journals.

●      Candidates may have expertise in any aspect of filmmaking.
Aesthetic, genre, and medium diversity in creative work is welcome.

●      Candidates must have demonstrable potential for successful
college-level teaching in a liberal arts environment.

●      Candidates must have at least an MFA in a related discipline.

*Application instructions*:

Job applicants should submit:

●      a curriculum vitae listing three references with contact information

●      links to samples of creative work

●      a cover letter describing the candidate’s:

o   creative work, with a description of methods, aesthetics and goals;

o   if applicable, description of publications and/or reflections on
practice; and/or on the research necessary to their creative work;

o   future career trajectory and plans for future projects;

o   teaching experience and pedagogic principles; and how their courses and
pedagogy will enhance FTT’s curriculum;

o   commitments to and actions to further diversity, equity and inclusion
in any aspect of their work.

The committee will continue to vet applications until the position is
filled, but candidates should send materials no later than *November 1,
2022* for fullest consideration.

Questions about the position can be directed to Pamela Robertson Wojcik,
Chair of FTT via email: *[log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>*

*Equal Employment Opportunity Statement*

The University of Notre Dame seeks to attract, develop, and retain the
highest quality faculty, staff and administration. The University is an
Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building a culturally
diverse workplace. We strongly encourage applications from female and
minority candidates and those candidates attracted to a university with a
Catholic identity. Moreover, Notre Dame prohibits discrimination against
veterans or disabled qualified individuals, and requires affirmative action
by covered contractors to employ and advance veterans and qualified
individuals with disabilities in compliance with 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and 41
CFR 60-300.5(a).

*Background Check *

This appointment is contingent upon the successful completion of a
background check. Applicants will be asked to identify all felony
convictions and/or pending felony charges. Felony convictions do not
automatically bar an individual from employment. Each case will be examined
separately to determine the appropriateness of employment in the particular
position. Failure to be forthcoming or dishonesty with respect to felony
disclosures can result in the disqualification of a candidate. The full
procedure can be viewed at https://facultyhandbook.nd.edu/?id=link-73597.

For help signing up, accessing your account, or submitting your application
please check out

our help and support <http://help.interfolio.com/home>section or get in
touch via email at [log in to unmask] or phone at (877) 997-8807.

APPLY NOW: apply.interfolio.com/110093

--
Pamela Robertson Wojcik
Andrew V. Tackes Professor of Film, TV, and Theatre and

https://screensite.org/