SCREEN-L Archives

November 2000, Week 1


Options: Use Monospaced Font
Show HTML Part by Default
Show All Mail Headers

Message: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]
Topic: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]
Author: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]

Print Reply
Klaus Bardenhagen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Film and TV Studies Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 18:20:39 +0100
text/plain (23 lines)
I am currently studying Filmwissenschaft (film studies) in Mainz,
Germany. Next fall, I would like to go abroad for one year.
My question is: Are there any graduate schools in the US or Canada where
it is possible to achieve an academic degree (M.A.) in film studies/film
history & criticism within this one year?

I know it is possible in the UK, where they would also accept my
"Zwischenprüfung" (German exam you take after half time, usually two
years) as an equivalent to a B.A.
Next fall, I will have been studying film for three years and will also
have taken a number of advanced-level courses. So even if the program
normally lasts two years, maybe I could be given advanced standing.

If you can give me a hint, please contact me via
mailto:[log in to unmask]

Thank you,
Klaus Bardenhagen

To sign off Screen-L, e-mail [log in to unmask] and put SIGNOFF Screen-L
in the message.  Problems?  Contact [log in to unmask]