SCREEN-L Archives

May 2006, Week 4

Sender:
From:
Marty Norden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2006 17:27:38 -0400
* apologies for cross-postings *

Hi, all.  My solicitation for book reviewers for the _Journal of Popular
Film and Television_ has greatly exceeded my expectations.  More than 140
people from around the globe have contacted me, and the inquiries are
still coming in!  Since each book I listed has been requested by several
people (dozens of people, in some cases), I must close my "call" for now.
If you have not heard from me individually yet, please know that I will be
in touch in the next week or so with an answer to your request.  Lots of
decisions for me to make!

Though I obviously cannot accommodate everyone's request for a book to
review at this time, I must say I am quite gratified by the strong
response.  It definitely says something about the robust state of
scholarly film/TV studies and people's willingness to do critical work for
very little glory.  My thanks to everyone who responded!

all best,
Marty Norden
Book review editor, _Journal of Popular Film and Television_
          Martin F. Norden
  OO      Communication Dept., 409 Machmer Hall     [log in to unmask]
  [_]<|   University of Massachusetts-Amherst       fax: 413 545-6399
  /|\     Amherst, MA  01003-9278      USA          vox: 413 545-0598
	        Home page: http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~norden