SCREEN-L Archives

April 1996, Week 5

From:
Kim Hale x5355 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Apr 1996 16:33:20 -0500
On Tue, 23 Apr 1996, Tony Williams wrote:

>  Dear Ines,
>   ORANGES ARE NOT THE ONLY FRUIT was a television adaptation of British
> novelist Jeanette Winterson's semi-autobiography. Since it deals with
> lesbian themes it is unlikely to gain a PBS airing in this climate.
>   However, what I'd recommend you do is try to contact British video
> sources (unless it has been recently released on tape in the U.S.A). Perhaps,
> looking at video company ads in SIGHT AND SOUND and FILM REVIEW may help. I
> recall that both JUMP CUT and SCREEN contained articles on this adaptation
> but I can't remember whether the latter mentioned any video source.
>    Tony Williams

We tried to obtain a copy of "Oranges..." a couple of years ago.  I
contacted the director in the UK, and at that time, it was not available
on video.  I hope that it is now or will be released in the future--it
was an excellent production.

Kimberly Hale, Acquisitions Librarian/Coordinator of Collection Development
Columbia College Library
624 South Michigan Avenue Chicago, IL 60605
(312) 663-1600, x5355 (voice)  (312) 663-1707 (fax)