ATA-PLAYLIST Archives

December 2009

ATA-PLAYLIST@LISTSERV.UA.EDU

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Dec 2009 22:01:15 -0600

http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org

"All Things Acoustic" is a weekly program of folk, singer-songwriter, and world music broadcast at 100,000 watts on Alabama Public Radio (WUAL/WQPR/WAPR -- covering Birmingham, Huntsville, Montgomery, Muscle Shoals, Selma, Tuscaloosa).  The host is Jeremy Butler.

And now, the tunes we played on 18 December 2009:

Stephan Smith, "All Together Now," Now's the Time (Rounder)
The All Things Acoustic Repertory Players, "The Night Before Christmas," N/A (All Things Acoustic)
Shawn Colvin, "Love Came Down at Christmas," Holiday Songs and Lullabies (Columbia)
Jack Johnson, "Someday at Christmas," This Warm December (Brushfire)
Bruce Cockburn, "Riu Riu Chiu," Christmas (Columbia)
Christine Lavin & the Mistletones, "A Christmas / Kwanzaa / Solstice/ Chanukah/ Ramadan/ Boxing Day Song," The Runaway Christmas Tree (Appleseed)
Steve Norris, "Christmas Tradition," N/A (Steve Norris)
Ian Butler, "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer," N/A (JerCom Industries)
Richard Gilewitz, "Angels We Have Heard On High," Strings for a Season (GillaZilla)
Zee Avi, "No Christmas for Me," This Warm December (Brushfire)
James Taylor and Natalie Cole, "Baby, It's Cold Outside," James Taylor at Christmas (Columbia)
Kate Rusby, "Here We Come A-Wassailing," A Family Christmas (Putumayo)
Judy Frankel, "Hanuka," Celebrate Hanukkah (CraigNCo)
Barenaked Ladies, "Hanukkah, Oh Hanukkah," A Chanukah Celebration (Hylo)
Laurence Juber & Craig Taubman, "Maoz Tzur," Celebrate Hanukkah (CraigNCo)
Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, "Jingle Bells," Jingle All the Way (Rounder)
The Roches, "Sleigh Ride," We Three Kings (Ryko)
Harlem Parlour Music Club, "Mary Had a Baby," A Harlem Parlour Music Christmas (Harlem Parlour Records)
Harvey Reid & Joyce Andersen, "Merry Christmas Baby," Christmas Morning (Woodpecker)
Leon Redbone, "I'll Be Home for Christmas," Christmas Island (Private)
Holly Cole, Rebecca Jenkins, Mary Margarent O'Hara, Jane Siberry, Victoria Williams, "Un Flambeau Jeanette Issabella," Count Your Blessings (Alert)
Bob Dylan, "Must Be Santa," Christmas in the Heart (Columbia)
Gayla Peevey, "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas," Dr. Demento Presents the Greatest Christmas Novelty CD (Rhino)
Trout Fishing in America, "I Got a Cheese Log," Merry Fishes to All (Trout)
Georgia Sea Island Singers, "Walk Billy Abbot," Songs of Christmas from the Alan Lomax Collection (Rounder)
Pete Seeger, "12 Gates to the City," Traditional Christmas Carols (Smithsonian Folkways)
Mike, Peggy, and Penny Seeger, "Baby Born Today," American Folk Songs for Christmas (Rounder)
Martina Sorbara, "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year," Winter's Night (Nettwerk)
John Prine, "A John Prine Christmas," A John Prine Christmas (Oh Boy)
The Bobs, "Mambo, Santa, Mambo," Too Many Santas! (Rounder)
Lou & Peter Berryman, "Christmas in the Snow," We Don't Talk About That! (Cornbelt)
Susan McKeown & Lindsey Horner, "Song of Forgetting," Through the Bitter Frost and Snow (Prime-CD)
Shawn Colvin, "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas," Acoustic Christmas (Columbia)
John Fahey, "The Bells of St. Mary," The New Possibility (Takoma)

THE INTERNET FOLK RADIO LIST

Alabama Public Radio distributes a big ol' directory of folk/acoustic radio programs throughout North America and the world.  (Converted from a "list" to a real database and updated in 2000 and then further refined in 2006.)

The List is available, for free, from:

http://www.allthingsacoustic.org/tifrl/

The List contains over 500 programs and may be browsed/searched online or downloaded for your databasin' pleasure.

Jeremy Butler

Host, All Things Acoustic
Alabama Public Radio: WUAL/WQPR/WAPR
http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org