ATA-PLAYLIST Archives

January 2013

ATA-PLAYLIST@LISTSERV.UA.EDU

Sender:
All Things Acoustic Playlist <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2013 21:57:53 -0600

http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org

"All Things Acoustic" is a weekly program of folk, singer-songwriter, and world music broadcast at 100,000 watts on Alabama Public Radio (WUAL/WQPR/WAPR/WHIL -- covering Birmingham, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Muscle Shoals, Selma, Tuscaloosa).  The host is Jeremy Butler.

And now, the tunes we played on 11 January 2013:

Shawn Colvin, "This Must Be the Place (Naive Melody)," Cover Girl (Columbia)
Last Forever, "Jeanine's Dream," Last Forever (Nonesuch)
Lucy Kaplansky, "Sleep Well," Reunion (Red House)
Greg Brown, "Conesville Slough," Yellow Dog (Earthwork Music Archive)
Beth and Jim Malcolm, "Painting the Seasons," Cath (CathBenefitCD.org)
Eric Andersen, "Violets of Dawn," The Roots of Folk (Vanguard)
The Wailin' Jennys, "Bright Morning Stars," Bright Morning Stars (Red House)
Grenadilla, "Arabella Angelique," Grenadilla (Grenadilla)
Mississippi Fred McDowell, "When You Get Home, Please Write Me a Few of Your Lines," Alan Lomax Recordings: Como III 9/59 (Association for Cultural Equity)
Ulali, "Going Home," Heartbeat, vol. 1 (Smithsonian Folkways)
Gordon Bok, Ed Tricket, Ann Mayo Muir, "Laird O Drum," Language of the Heart (Timberhead)
Lou & Peter Berryman, "New New Year Year," Rocky Frontier (Cornbelt)
The Good Lovelies, "Laundry (I'm Happy)," The Good Lovelies (The Good Lovelies)
Eve Goldberg, "When the Leaves Begin to Fall," A Kinder Season (Borealis)
Joules Graves, "Corporate Clones," Plunge! (Rabble Rouser)
Ani Difranco, "32 Flavors," Not a Pretty Girl (Righteous Babe)
Arlo Guthrie, "Coming Into Los Angeles," Tales of '69 (Rising Son)
The Alabama Gravy Soppers, "Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens," The Alabama Gravy Soppers (The Alabama Gravy Soppers)
Hot Soup, "The Last Thing On My Mind," Soup Happens (Souper Music)
Hot Club of Cowtown, "Little Liza Jane," Dev'lish Mary (Hightone)
Cisco Houston, "The Cat Came Back," Cisco Houston: The Folkways Years 1944-1961 (Smithsonian Folkways)
Steve Martin and the Steep Canyon Rangers, "Yellow-Backed Fly," Rare Bird Alert (Rounder)
Cathy Fink & Marcy Marxer, "A-E-I-O and U," Scat Like That (Rounder)
Cry Cry Cry, "By Way of Sorrow," Cry Cry Cry (Razor & Tie)
Annabelle Chvostek Ensemble, "Hartland Quay," Rise (Borealis)
Carolina Chocolate Drops, "Country Girl," Leaving Eden (Nonesuch)
Richard & Mimi Farina, "The Falcon," Pack Up Your Sorrows (Vanguard)
Flying Jenny, "Daniel in the Den of Lions," I Ain't Gonna Grieve My Mind Anymore (Whoop It Up!)

Jeremy Butler

Host, All Things Acoustic
http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org
Box 870370/Tuscaloosa/AL/35487