SCREEN-L Archives

January 1995, Week 4

From:
"Tonelli, Melissa" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jan 1995 13:18:42 CST

VOX POPULI : Adding something to my earlier posting about calling PBS and
registering your opinions Re: its privatization (i.e. annihilation) as per
Newton Gingrich. Call 1-800-CPB-2190

*******
Rest assured, some of us are calling the opinion line *daily*
and encouraging our friends, family and co-workers at our
day jobs to do the same.

I agree that most of the programming on PBS is neither
elitist nor liberal, although the independent film production
company I work with would fall into the latter category.
Chances are the program that funded our last film, ITVS
(Indepedent Television Service), will be the first CPB program
to be cut, so hounding the powers is now part of my job
description.

Melissa Cahill (Tonelli)