SCREEN-L Archives

November 1994, Week 3

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 18 Nov 1994 15:42:19 CST
I knew I'd gone there!  Blaine Allan's slideshow finally brought it
back.

> a museum, a spectactle, and an expressive historical text itself.

 The pound/Rand exchange rate is over 5 to 1 so it was painfully
expensive.  I aimed to find "Forbidden Planet" (back issue comics
paradise) and MMI.  I found both, and my memory reminds me of the
enactment of the "Worker and Parasite" scene from _The
Simpsons_, as Blaine seems to testify: >

> My senti-
> mentally favourite exhibit:  the agit-train car, running Eisenstein's
> Strike, with the guide dressed in worn woolen clothing and plain, cloth
> cap.

My recommendation: good for anecdotes, unless you find those worthy
resources another poster discovered.

Gabeba Baderoon
Department of English
University of Cape Tonw