SCREEN-L Archives

October 1994

Sender:
From:
Lorene Dur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Oct 1994 21:37:21 -0400
I am currently working on my thesis.  It's about image manipulation in
feature films.  So far, I've only found scarce resources on the subject.
Here's what I could use help with:

Recent articles on "Wagon's East" and the technology used to put John
Candy in scenes after his tragic and sad death.

ANY books on the subject.

Recent articles on "Forrest Gump," "The Crow" and "Sliver." (Dealing with
the technolgy used).

Anyone wishing to discuss the legal and ethical considerations of taking
any person's image, putting it through a computer, and having it say or do
things it never did, and may never would have chosen to do, can send
e-mail to:

Thanks.