SCREEN-L Archives

August 1994

Sender:
From:
Kristen Moutaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Aug 1994 16:18:35 MDT
I've never seen _Wyatt Earp_ but there is a funny story regarding
_Tombstone_...

As a friend and I sat through the trailers, another friend (always late)
joined us with her new boyfriend (the usual hermaphrodite, but that's
another story).  Anyway, she is giving introductions during the trailers
(which I usually enjoy as much as the movie) and that particularly pissed
me off.

So, then I sit through _Tombstone_, which I disliked intensely save Val "I
think you might be the anti-christ." Kilmer.  Afterwards, the
aforementioned friend takes to the bathroom leaving me and another friend
with the hermaphrodite.  I complain incessantly about the film, "Bad sets,
bad costumes, bad dialogue, bad acting, bad casting, bad, blah blah blah."
and after my diatribe, proceed to turn to the hermaphrodite and say, "What
did you think, Thomas?" and he says, "It's my favorite movie of all time.
I've seen it three times."

Open mouth, insert foot.  (He was British too so you can just imagine how
scathing his "favorite movie" comment was.")

To save me from my faux pas, my other friend launches into a dissertation
about her divorce and her continued recuperation from losing the only man
she'd ever love.  We laugh about it now, but then...

- Kristen
"You can't fight in the war room!"