SCREEN-L Archives

June 1994

From:
"John G. Thomas" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jun 1994 11:12:48 -0700
On Thu, 16 Jun 1994, Tom Byers wrote:

>       I don't know of a WWII list, but this is my opportunity to plug (again)
> teaching Capra's PRELUDE TO WAR (made for the defense dep't in the WHY WE
> FIGHT series, etc., etc.

        Certainly agree with you about this, Tom.  He used some
incredible symbols in those films.  Viewed today, some parts of Capra's
war propaganda films seem funny, but they weren't very funny back then.
He was not the least bit subtle, that was what was needed at the time.

---------------->from John G. Thomas ([log in to unmask]) <-------------------