SCREEN-L Archives

June 1994

From:
Helen Mellett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Helen Mellett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jun 1994 09:46:04 CDT
 Thank you Tom for your recent post concerning free speech.  As a librarian, I
 am greatly concerned with censorship.  I was suprised to find my small, private
 college library includes Maplethorpe in its collection. :)

 There is an interesting article in _The Nation_ members of this list may find
 interesting and timely.

 Wiener, Jon. "Static in Cyberspace: Free Speech on the Internet." _The Nation_
 June 13, 1994.

 Legislation is scarce in this arena and will be interesting to monitor as
 the Internet continues to grow.

 Sincerely,

 Helen

 Helen Mellett                  "The eyes of others our prisons;
 Reference Services Librarian         their thoughts our cages."
 North Central College                        ---Virginia Woolf
 [log in to unmask]    [log in to unmask]