SCREEN-L Archives

April 1994

Sender:
From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Apr 1994 10:26:23 CST
I just recently saw that CINEMANIA, the best film database available on
CD-ROM, is due to be released in a Mac version.  Up till now it's only been
available for Windows.

Microsoft says the Mac version will be out in May.

CINEMANIA offers the *entire* text of Leonard Maltin's _Movie and Video
Guide_, as well as biographical and other data from Ebert, Kael, Baseline's
_Encyclopedia of Film_ and _Motion Picture Guide_, James Monaco's The Film
Glossary, and Ephraim Katz's _Film Encyclopedia_.  It also contains
production stills and audio and video clips from films.

The search engine in it is pretty decent and, of course, it's got hypertext
style links that allow you to bounce from an entry on a film to an entry on
an actor to an entry on a director...etc.

It's the most useful CD-ROM software I've seen so far.

  Jeremy Butler                                [log in to unmask]
  SCREEN-L Coordinator                           [log in to unmask]
  Telecommunication & Film Dept. * University of Alabama * Tuscaloosa