SCREEN-L Archives

January 1994

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 1994 09:10:53 -0500
In regards to Child Molesters on Film,
I'd like be able to draw some conclusions.

Does it seem that they share any qualities, now that we've considered
a number of film titles?
That is, might it be possible, for example, that a disproportionate number
of child molesters -- IN FICTION FILMS -- have also been gay characters,
or had about them some suggestion of this? Given Hollywood's history of
depicting gay characters as 'perverts' suffering all sorts of sexual
pathologies compelling them to be either perpetrators of crimes,
or victims of crimes, I wonder...

        Derek Bouse