SCREEN-L Archives

August 1993

Sender:
From:
Mark Bunster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 1993 11:08:00 EDT
*
* Mark Bunster asks: "Are there good sources on the availability
* and archiving of US Government films (including or not Capra's
* psuedo-govt films)?"
*
* The National Archives Motion Picture, Sound, and Video Branch
* is the official repository of government-produced or acquired
* films that have been deemed historically valuable.  We have hundreds
* of thousands of titles, including the Capra series.  We have
* large military collections, civilian agency collections, and a
* sizeable donated materials colection that includes newsreels
* (Universal, March of Time, Fox, Paramount).
*

Thanks for your help! It was kind of a casual request in anticipation of more
serious ones once I begin my PhD. At least now I have the source avaialable.
Thanksagain,
Mark
--
Mark Bunster                      |Exchange conversation if you dare--
Survey Research Lab--VCU          |Share an empty thought or a laugh.