SCREEN-L Archives

August 1993

Sender:
From:
Mark Bunster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 1993 11:24:10 EDT
* Why the big deal anyway?   I don't think The
* Shining was one of Kubrick's better efforts...

Sorry to add little of substance, but having watched Full Metal Jacket two
nights ago, I wanted to contribute my opinions:

FMJ is by far a more accomplished Vietnam War picture than Platoon ever was.
(Did anyone ever see Hearts and Minds? Was that a theatrical release? Is it
available on video--nevermind, I know itis).

As such, it's a lot better than the Shining to me (much scarier), and one of
his best, if not his most arty.

--
Mark Bunster                      |Exchange conversation if you dare--
Survey Research Lab--VCU          |Share an empty thought or a laugh.