SCREEN-L Archives

February 2019, Week 3

From:
Grady Hancock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2019 04:54:59 +0000
Call for submissions
2019 Revelation Perth International Academic Conference

Backlot Studios
Perth, Western Australia

Drawing delegates from around the country, Revelation Academic is a truly interactive two days of intense discussion and debate on all things cinema.
Revelation is Australia's only international film festival to host and encourage academic discussion alongside its screening program and we look forward to taking its discoveries to audiences around the country and world. It represents an important platform in film discussion and analysis in this country.
Revelation Academic takes place in the comfortable and intimate surrounds of the Perth Backlot<https://www.thebacklotstudios.com/perth/> which is fully equipped with every and all presentation capability to the highest possible quality.
Taking place on July 11 & 12, Revelation Academic draws local, national and international academics to discuss and analyse issues such as:

  *   New modes of distribution and exhibition
  *   Gender representation
  *   Genre
  *   Movements in international cinema
  *   Independent cinema (narrative and documentary)
  *   Moving image art, games, VR, AR, AI and screen-based science and technology.
  *   All aspects of screen culture
Registrations are $150 (+ GST & booking fee) and include 6 film festival tickets. If you're interested in the Academic side of the industry, we strongly urge you to attend and work with us in developing a critical and collaborative industry across all its moving parts.
It's young, it's passionate, it's political and it's directly connected to the screening program and our 2-day Revelation Interactive conference. You don't have to be presenting a paper - or be an academic - to attend but if you're interested in challenge, change, discussion and making people work for their ideas (and money) we suggest you register.
If conferences and networking is also new to you, then you can't find a more supportive environment in which to train. We're all friends and all ideas and opinions are valued and welcomed.
Conference attendees receive a delicious light lunch , festival tickets and an industry party.
Send your abstract or paper here<mailto:[log in to unmask];[log in to unmask]> ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> and/or [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) and our conference types will get right back to you.
http://www.revelationfilmfest.org/academic-conference

Dr. Grady Clare Hancock
Screen + Design
Deakin University

[signature_978714579]

We acknowledge the
Traditional Owners and Elders,
past and present,
of all the lands
on which Deakin University operates.

Important Notice: The contents of this email are intended solely for the named addressee and are confidential; any unauthorised use, reproduction or storage of the contents is expressly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please delete it and any attachments immediately and advise the sender by return email or telephone.

Deakin University does not warrant that this email and any attachments are error or virus free.

https://listserv.ua.edu/archives/screen-l.html