REFRAME<http://reframe.sussex.ac.uk/> is proud to announce the launch of its new publishing imprint REFRAME Books<http://reframe.sussex.ac.uk/reframebooks/>. The imprint will focus on publishing open access scholarly contributions to the fields of media, film, music, cultural studies, the digital humanities, and journalism, in a variety of e-reading formats.
REFRAME Books<http://reframe.sussex.ac.uk/reframebooks/> launches with the publication of The Tablet Book<http://reframe.sussex.ac.uk/reframebooks/archive2015/the-tablet-book/>, edited by Caroline Bassett<http://www.sussex.ac.uk/profiles/24166>, Ryan Burns<http://www.sussex.ac.uk/profiles/275228>, Russell Glasson<http://www.sussex.ac.uk/profiles/246662> and Kate O’Riordan<http://www.sussex.ac.uk/profiles/30746>, a collection of seven original research essays which mobilise a range of perspectives and approaches in thinking about and understanding the tablet computer.
This book arose in response to discussion at the Tablet Symposium<http://www.sussex.ac.uk/rcmdc/archive/thetabletsymposiumarchive> held at the University of Sussex in April 2013, an event funded by the Centre for Material Digital Culture<http://www.sussex.ac.uk/rcmdc/>.
* REFRAME Books<http://reframe.sussex.ac.uk/reframebooks/> is online at: http://reframe.sussex.ac.uk/reframebooks/ <http://reframe.sussex.ac.uk/reframebooks/>
* The Tablet Book<http://reframe.sussex.ac.uk/reframebooks/archive2015/the-tablet-book/> is online at: http://reframe.sussex.ac.uk/reframebooks/archive2015/the-tablet-book/ <http://reframe.sussex.ac.uk/reframebooks/archive2015/the-tablet-book/%20>
REFRAME Books credits
* Book Design and Layout Editor: Tanya Kant
* Technical Editors: Russell Glasson and Tanya Kant
* Managing Editor: Catherine Grant
* Publisher contact: [log in to unmask]<[log in to unmask]" target="_blank">http:[log in to unmask]>
* Publisher’s ISBN Prefix: 978-0-9931996
REFRAME<http://reframe.sussex.ac.uk/> is an open access academic digital platform for the online practice, publication and curation of internationally produced research and scholarship. It is supported by the School of Media, Film and Music<http://www.sussex.ac.uk/mfm/>, University of Sussex, UK.
Dr <http://www.sussex.ac.uk/mediaandfilm/people/list/person/183852> <http://www.sussex.ac.uk/mediaandfilm/people/list/person/183852> Catherine Grant<http://www.sussex.ac.uk/mediaandfilm/people/list/person/183852>
Part-Time Senior Lecturer in Film Studies
School of Media, Film and Music
University of Sussex
Falmer BN1 9RG
E: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
T: +44 1273 678876
Co-editor: [in]Transition<http://mediacommons.futureofthebook.org/intransition/>: Journal of Videographic Film and Moving Image Studies - a Cinema Journal<http://www.cmstudies.org/?page=cinema_journal>/MediaCommons<http://mediacommons.futureofthebook.org/> Project
Editor: Film Studies For Free<http://filmstudiesforfree.blogspot.com>
Guest Editor: Frames, Issue 1, July 2012: Film and Moving Image Studies Re-Born Digital?<http://framescinemajournal.com/?issue=issue1>
Screen-L is sponsored by the Telecommunication & Film Dept., the
University of Alabama: http://www.tcf.ua.edu