ATA-PLAYLIST  May 2011

ATA-PLAYLIST May 2011

All Things Acoustic Playlist: 27 May 2011

Fri, 27 May 2011 21:52:25 -0500

http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org

"All Things Acoustic" is a weekly program of folk, singer-songwriter, and world music broadcast at 100,000 watts on Alabama Public Radio (WUAL/WQPR/WAPR -- covering Birmingham, Huntsville, Montgomery, Muscle Shoals, Selma, Tuscaloosa).  The host is Jeremy Butler.

And now, the tunes we played on 27 May 2011:

Bruce Molsky, "Sail Away Ladies," Lost Boy (Rounder)
The Wailin' Jennys, "Bright Morning Stars," Bright Morning Stars (Red House)
Steve Winwood, "Can't Find My Way Home," N/A (Steve Winwood)
Elephant Revival, "Point of You," Break in the Clouds (Ruff Shod)
Jil Chambless & Scooter Muse, "From Clare to Here," The Laverock Sang (Jil Chambless & Scooter Muse)
Joan Baez, "Since You've Asked," Born to the Breed (Wildflower)
Greg Brown, "Counting Feedcaps," Iowa Waltz (Red House)
The Carolina Chocolate Drops, "Cornbread and Butterbeans," Genuine Negro Jig (Nonesuch)
Last Forever, "Diamond Joe," Trainfare Home (Nonesuch)
Cordelia's Dad, "Gypsy Davy," Comet (Omnium)
James Bryan & Carl Jones, "Tales of the Airl'y Days," Two Pictures (Martin)
The Steel Wheels, "Red Wing," Red Wing (The Steel Wheels)
Natalie MacMaster, "Gramma," In My Hands (Rounder)
Children's Chorus of Washington, "Railroading on the Great Divide," The Great American Folksong (Dorian Sono Luminus)
Woody Guthrie, "Talking Hard Work," This Land Is Your Land (Kids Rounder)
Lou & Peter Berryman, "Hard Work and Perseverance," We Don't Talk About That! (Cornbelt)
Eve Goldberg, "It Rains Everywhere I Go," Crossing the Water (Borealis)
Dylan Sneed, "Killin' Time," No Worse for the Wear (Dylan Sneed)
Bob Gibson, "Pastures of Plenty," Joy Joy! The Young and Wonderful Bob Gibson (Riverside)
The Klezmatics, "Heaven," Wonder Wheel (Jewish Music Group)
Vance Gilbert, "Seamless Life," Edgewise (Philo)
Bob Bennett, "My Heart Across the Ocean," N/A (Bob Bennett)
Gordon Bok, "Against the Moon," Dear to Our Island (Timberhead)
Alvin Youngblood Hart, "Nelly Was a Lady," Beautiful Dreamer (American Roots)
Lucy Wainwright Roche, "Once In," Lucy (Lucy Wainwright Roche)
Stan Rogers, "Barrett's Privateers," The Very Best of Stan Rogers (Fogarty's Cove)
Hey Mavis, "Red Wine," Red Wine (Hey Mavis)
David Ross Macdonald, "Paper Crane," Knuckled Brass and Bone (Pepper Tree)

THE INTERNET FOLK RADIO LIST

Alabama Public Radio distributes a big ol' directory of folk/acoustic radio programs throughout North America and the world.  (Converted from a "list" to a real database and updated in 2000 and then further refined in 2006.)

The List is available, for free, from:

http://www.allthingsacoustic.org/tifrl/

The List contains over 500 programs and may be browsed/searched online or downloaded for your databasin' pleasure.

http://bama.ua.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=ATA-PLAYLIST&A=1