ATA-PLAYLIST  April 2011

ATA-PLAYLIST April 2011

All Things Acoustic Playlist: 29 April 2011

Fri, 29 Apr 2011 22:00:42 -0500

http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org

"All Things Acoustic" is a weekly program of folk, singer-songwriter, and world music broadcast at 100,000 watts on Alabama Public Radio (WUAL/WQPR/WAPR -- covering Birmingham, Huntsville, Montgomery, Muscle Shoals, Selma, Tuscaloosa).  The host is Jeremy Butler.

And now, the tunes we played on 29 April 2011:

Bruce Molsky, "Sail Away Ladies," Lost Boy (Rounder)
Harvey Reid, "Racing the Storm," Guitar Voyages (Woodpecker)
Cheryl Wheeler, "The Storm," Mrs. Pinocci's Guitar (Philo)
Bob Franke, "Alleluia, the Great Storm is Over," The Other Evening in Chicago (Waterbug)
Cat Stevens, "The Wind," Majikat (Eagle)
Graham Parker, "Howling Wind," Mountain Stage 8 (Blue Plate)
Ian & Sylvia, "Four Strong Winds," Washington Square Memoirs (Rhino)
Donovan, "Catch the Wind," Catch the Wind (Garland)
Andrew Cahoun, "O Susanna," Grapvevine (Waterbug)
The Red Mountain White Trash, "Boat's Up the River," Sweet Bama (Whoop It Up!)
Roger McGuinn, Pete Seeger, "Alabama Bound," Treasures from the Folk Den (Appleseed)
R. Crumb and the Cheap Suit Serenaders, "Alabama Jubilee," Chasin' Rainbows (Shanachie)
John Cruz, "Shine On," Acoustic Soul (Lilikoi)
Joni Mitchell & James Taylor, "The Circle Game," Amchitka (Greenpeace)
Sweet Honey in the Rock, "Let Us Rise In Love," The Women Gather (EarthBeat!)
Gordon Bok, "All My Friends," Jeremy Brown and Jeannie Teal (Folk-Legacy)
Pete Seeger, "We Will Love or We Will Perish," At 89 (Appleseed)
Steve Martin, "You," Rare Bird Alert (Rounder)
Wade Hemsworth, "The Jam at Gerry's Rocks," Folk Songs of the Canadian North Woods (Smithsonian Folkways)
Bob Dylan, "Song to Woody," The Best of the Original Mono Recordings (Columbia/Legacy)
Woody Guthrie, "I Ride an Old Paint," Buffalo Skinners (Smithsonian Folkways)
Jerry Garcia, David Grisman, "Jenny Jenkins," Grateful Dawg (Acoustic Disc)
Greg Brown, "Summer Evening," Dream City (Red House)
Iris DeMent, "Easy's Getting Harder Every Day," My Life (Warner)
The Deighton Family, "Going Down the Road," Acoustic Music to Suit Most Occasions (Rounder/Philo)
Peter Case, "Workin' for the Enemy," Torn Again (Vanguard)
Guy Davis, "Run Sinner Run," Call Down the Thunder (Red House)
Nick Drake, "Cello Song," Five Leaves Left (Island)
Jackson Browne and David Lindley, "Running On Empty," Love Is Strange (Inside)
Catie Curtis, "Magnolia Street," A Crash Course in Roses (Ryko)

THE INTERNET FOLK RADIO LIST

Alabama Public Radio distributes a big ol' directory of folk/acoustic radio programs throughout North America and the world.  (Converted from a "list" to a real database and updated in 2000 and then further refined in 2006.)

The List is available, for free, from:

http://www.allthingsacoustic.org/tifrl/

The List contains over 500 programs and may be browsed/searched online or downloaded for your databasin' pleasure.

http://bama.ua.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=ATA-PLAYLIST&A=1