ATA-PLAYLIST  July 2010

ATA-PLAYLIST July 2010

All Things Acoustic Playlist: 16 July 2010

Fri, 16 Jul 2010 22:00:50 -0500

http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org

"All Things Acoustic" is a weekly program of folk, singer-songwriter, and world music broadcast at 100,000 watts on Alabama Public Radio (WUAL/WQPR/WAPR -- covering Birmingham, Huntsville, Montgomery, Muscle Shoals, Selma, Tuscaloosa).  The host is Jeremy Butler.

And now, the tunes we played on 16 July 2010:

The Wailin' Jennys, "One Voice," 40 Days (Jericho Beach)
Jerry Garcia, David Grisman, "I Truly Understand," Shady Grove (Acoustic Disc)
Steve Earle, "Lonelier Than This," Transcendental Blues (E-Squared)
Ani DiFranco, "Origami," Educated Guess (Righteous Babe)
Bare Knuckles, "Woody's Birthday," N/A (N/A)
Woody Guthrie, "Pretty Boy Floyd," Buffalo Skinners (Smithsonian Folkways)
Joel Rafael Band, "Plane Wreck at Los Gatos," Woodeye (Joel Rafael Band)
Sarah Elizabeth Campbell, "Hobo's Lullabye," Pastures of Plenty (DejaDisc)
Dana Robinson, "What Would Woody Do?," Avenue of Saints (Threshold)
Woody Guthrie, "This Land Is Your Land," My Dusty Road (Rounder)
Bare Knuckles, "Trouble in Your House," Trouble in Your House (Front Porch)
Rory Block, "Titanic (When That Great Ship Went Down)," Confessions of a Blues Singer (Rounder)
Suzanne Vega, "Caramel," Close-Up Vol. 1, Love Songs (Amanuensis)
David Massengill, "Family Reunion," We Will Be Together (Gadfly)
Jason Ecklund, "Motivation Blues," Lost Causeway (Flying Fish)
Ramblin' Jack Elliott, "Ranger's Command," The Long Ride (HighTone)
Fishtank Ensemble, "Woman in Sin," Woman in Sin (Fishtank Ensemble)
Le Vent Du Nord, "Lanlaire," La Part Du Feu (Borealis)
The Incredible String Band, "Dust Be Diamonds," Changing Horses (Ryko/Hannibal)
Greg Brown, "Two Little Feet," If I Had Known (Red House)
Ralph McTell, "Streets of London," Songs of Ralph McTell (Red House)
Richard Thompson, "Drifting Through the Days," Industry (Hannibal)
Dave van Ronk, "Green, Green Rocky Road," And the Tin Pan Bended, and the Story Ended (Smithsonian Folkways)
Gordon Bok, "McKeon's Coming," North Wind's Clearing (Folk-Legacy)
Peter Case, "So Glad You're Mine," Sings Like Hell (Vanguard)
Ted Hawkins, "North to Alaska," The Ted Hawkins Story:  Suffer No More (Rhino)
Holy Modal Rounders, "Sail Away, Ladies," Holy Modal Rounders 1 & 2 (Fantasy)
Punch Brothers, "Rye Whiskey," Antifogmatic (Nonesuch)
Pete Seeger, "Old Joe Clark," Live in '65 (Appleseed)

THE INTERNET FOLK RADIO LIST

Alabama Public Radio distributes a big ol' directory of folk/acoustic radio programs throughout North America and the world.  (Converted from a "list" to a real database and updated in 2000 and then further refined in 2006.)

The List is available, for free, from:

http://www.allthingsacoustic.org/tifrl/

The List contains over 500 programs and may be browsed/searched online or downloaded for your databasin' pleasure.

http://bama.ua.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=ATA-PLAYLIST&A=1