ATA-PLAYLIST  May 2010

ATA-PLAYLIST May 2010

All Things Acoustic Playlist: 07 May 2010

Fri, 7 May 2010 22:08:33 -0500

http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org

"All Things Acoustic" is a weekly program of folk, singer-songwriter, and world music broadcast at 100,000 watts on Alabama Public Radio (WUAL/WQPR/WAPR -- covering Birmingham, Huntsville, Montgomery, Muscle Shoals, Selma, Tuscaloosa).  The host is Jeremy Butler.

And now, the tunes we played on 07 May 2010:

The Wailin' Jennys, "One Voice," 40 Days (Jericho Beach)
The Good Lovelies, "Lie Down," The Good Lovelies (The Good Lovelies)
Jackson Browne and David Lindley, "El Rayo X," Love Is Strange (Inside)
Fishtank Ensemble, "Am Furat de la Haidouks," Woman in Sin (Fishtank Ensemble)
Richard Thompson, "I Want to See the Bright Lights Tonight," Small Town Romance (Hannibal)
Cat Stevens, "Father & Son," Majikat (Eagle)
Martin & Jessica Simpson, "How Will I Ever Be Simple Again," Band of Angels (Red House)
Will Kimbrough, "A Couple Hundred Miracles," Wings (Daphne)
Loudon Wainwright, "Times Is Hard," Ten Songs for the New Depression (Loudon Wainwright)
Emma's Revolution, "Swimming to the Other Side," Roots, Rock, and Revolution (Emma's Revolution)
Bob Franke, "Alleluia, the Great Storm is Over," The Other Evening in Chicago (Waterbug)
Flying Jenny, "Brother Ephus," Flying Jenny (Whoop It Up)
Greg Brown, "Railroad Bill," Honey in the Lion's Head (Trailer)
The Carolina Chocolate Drops, "Snowden's Jig (Genuine Negro Jig)," Genuine Negro Jig (Nonesuch)
Ruth Moody, "Within Without You," The Garden (Red House)
Ani DiFranco, "Little Plastic Castle," Little Plastic Castle (Righteous Babe)
Joni Mitchell, "My Old Man," Amchitka (Amchitka)
Tim Eriksen, "I Wish the Wars Were All Over," Soul of the January Hill (Appleseed)
Kat Eggleston, "Home," Speak (Kat Eggleston)
Gordon Bok, "I Held a Lady," Return to the Land (Folk-Legacy)
Neil Young, "Silver & Gold," Silver & Gold (Reprise)
Victoria Williams, "Hummingbird," Musings of a Creek Dipper (Atlantic)
The Wood Brothers, "One More Day," Ways Not to Lose (EMI/Blue Note)
Bob Wills and his Texas Playboys, "What's the Matter with the Mill?," Legends of Country Music: Bob Wills and his Country Playboys (Columbia/Legacy)
Y'All, "My Mama Likes the Feel of Cottage Cheese," Hey Y'All (Y'All)
Tom Paxton, "The Worms Come Crawling Underground," Your Shoes, My Shoes (Red House)
Ellis Paul, "Bring Me Backwards," Translucent Soul (Rounder/Philo)
Slaid Cleaves, "Dance Around the Fire," No Angel Knows (Philo)
Storyhill, "Cover Your Tracks," Shade of the Trees (Red House)
Guy Davis, "Down South Blues," Sweetheart Like You (Red House)
Dave van Ronk, "You've Been a Good Ole Wagon," Two Sides of Dave van Ronk (Fantasy)

THE INTERNET FOLK RADIO LIST

Alabama Public Radio distributes a big ol' directory of folk/acoustic radio programs throughout North America and the world.  (Converted from a "list" to a real database and updated in 2000 and then further refined in 2006.)

The List is available, for free, from:

http://www.allthingsacoustic.org/tifrl/

The List contains over 500 programs and may be browsed/searched online or downloaded for your databasin' pleasure.

http://bama.ua.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=ATA-PLAYLIST&A=1