ATA-PLAYLIST  January 2009

ATA-PLAYLIST January 2009

All Things Acoustic Playlist: 23 January 2009

Tue, 27 Jan 2009 15:44:32 -0600

http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org

"All Things Acoustic" is a weekly program of folk, singer-songwriter, and world music broadcast at 100,000 watts on Alabama Public Radio (WUAL/WQPR/WAPR -- covering Birmingham, Huntsville, Montgomery, Muscle Shoals, Selma, Tuscaloosa).  The host is Jeremy Butler.

And now, the tunes we played on 23 January 2009:

Stephan Smith, "All Together Now," Now's the Time (Rounder)
Joel Rafael Band, "Way Over Yonder in the Minor Key," Woodyboye (Appleseed)
Taj Mahal, "Lovin' in My Baby's Eyes," The Essential Taj Mahal (Columbia/Legacy)
Sweet Honey in the Rock, "Gray Goose," Folkways: A Vision Shared (Columbia)
Peter Lang, "Quetico Reel/Poor Howard," Prime Cuts (Horus)
Odetta, "Midnight Special," Best of Woodsongs, Vol. 3 (Woodsongs Oldtime Radio Hour)
Polecat Creek, "Leaving Eden," Leaving Eden (Yodel-ay-Hee)
Flying Jenny, "Brother Ephus," Flying Jenny (Whoop It Up)
Cathy Fink & Marcy Marxer, "The Mountain May Be Higher," Air Guitar (High Windy)
Christine Lavin, "Single Voice," Getting In Touch with My Inner Bitch (Christine Lavin)
Dirk Powell, "Police," Time Again (Rounder)
The Holy Modal Rounders, "Low Down Dog," I Make a Wish for a Potato (Rounder Heritage)
Harvey Reid, "John Henry," Steel Drivin' Man (Woodpecker)
John Gorka, Eliza Gilkyson, Lucy Kaplansky, Guy Davis, Lynn Miles, The Wailin' Jennys, "Down at the Sea Hotel," Down at the Sea Hotel (Secret Mountain)
Eliza Gilkyson, "Bellarosa," Paradise Hotel (Red House)
Greg Brown, "Jacob's Ladder," Honey in the Lion's Head (Trailer)
Gordon Bok, "The Hills of Isle Au Haut," Apples in the Basket (Timberhead)
Last Forever, "Hide and Seek," Last Forever (Nonesuch)
Typhanie Monique, "Rivers of Babylon," Songbook, Vol. 4 (Old Town School)
Natalie Merchant, "Which Side Are You On?," Seeds, vol. 3 (Appleseed)
Pete Seeger, Jane Sapp, Si Kahn, "Solidarity Forever," Carry It On (Flying Fish)
Pete Seeger, "Where Have All the Flowers Gone?," Live at Newport (Vanguard)
Bill Morrissey, "Picnic," The Silverwolf Homeless Project (Silverwolf)
Rani Arbo & Daisy Mayhem, "Turtle Dove," The Signature Sounds 10th Anniversary Collection (Siganture Sounds)
David Johansen, "Old Dog Blue," The Harry Smith Project (Shout)
Professor & Maryann, "Cadillac (I'm Still in Love With You)," Lead Us Not Into Penn Station (Bar None)
Leonard Cohen, "Bird on a Wire," Songs from a Room (Columbia/Legacy)
Andrew Calhoun, "She's Like the Autumn," Hope (Waterbug)

THE INTERNET FOLK RADIO LIST

Alabama Public Radio distributes a big ol' directory of folk/acoustic radio programs throughout North America and the world.  (Converted from a "list" to a real database and updated in 2000 and then further refined in 2006.)

The List is available, for free, from:

http://www.allthingsacoustic.org/tifrl/

The List contains over 500 programs and may be browsed/searched online or downloaded for your databasin' pleasure.

http://bama.ua.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=ATA-PLAYLIST&A=1