SCREEN-L Archives

April 2008, Week 4

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 2008 19:33:35 -0500
The inaugural issue of The Journal of e-Media Studies is now available
online:

http://journals.dartmouth.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Journals.woa/2/xmlpage/4/issue

From its mission statement:

The Journal of E-Media Studies is a blind peer-reviewed, on-line journal
dedicated to the scholarly study of the history and theory of electronic
media, especially Television and New Media. It is an inter-disciplinary
journal, with an Editorial Board that is chiefly grounded in the
methodologies of the field of Film and Television Studies. We welcome
submissions across the fields and methodologies that study media and media
history.

Our goal is to promote the academic study of electronic media, especially in
light of the rise of digital media and the changes in formal and expressive
capacities resulting from new configurations of electronic media forms.

We solicit the best new scholarly work on current and historical e-media
issues and topics, including work on inter-medial relations to traditionally
non-electronic media (such as cinema, theater, and print media). Special
topic sections of the journal, to include more than one related essay, may
be proposed.

We strongly encourage submissions that utilize and develop the features that
an on-line journal can afford, in order to realize new analytical and
pedagogical practices and strategies. We also welcome essays in more
traditional textual formats.

We are committed to the rapid turnaround of journal submissions in as
practical a means as possible.

It is anticipated that, from time to time, contributors' submissions will
include, for purposes of criticism or scholarship, third party copyrighted
work such as illustrations and media clips. In general, we will follow the
same policies about quotations as we would apply to quotation from literary
texts.

Contributors are responsible for determining whether it is necessary to
obtain copyright permission for such material, for obtaining such
permissions where necessary, and for determining whether use of such
material is permissible under the doctrine of fair use. Contributors should
retain copies of permissions for at least three years and provide copies to
the Editor if requested to do so. Information concerning the requirements of
copyright law and the doctrine of fair use is available at:

    * United States Copyright Office
      http://www.copyright.gov/
    * Indiana University Copyright Management Center
      http://copyright.iupui.edu/
    * University of Texas "Crash Course in Copyright"
      http://www.utsystem.edu/ogc/intellectualproperty/cprtindx.htm
    * University of Texas "Fair Use of Copyrighted Materials"
      http://www.utsystem.edu/ogc/intellectualproperty/copypol2.htm
    * Conference on Fair Use Guidelines for Educational Media
      http://www.utsystem.edu/ogc/intellectualproperty/ccmcguid.htm

Although we reserve the right to continue to publish accepted texts, the
ownership of accepted texts will be retained by the author(s). We ask that
any subsequent publication of a text (or version of a text) not appear for
at least six months after publication in this journal, and that such
publication directly cite (or if possible link to) the initial publication
in this journal.

--
Jeremy Butler

www.ScreenLex.org
www.ScreenSite.org
www.TVCrit.com
www.ShotLogger.org
www.AllThingsAcoustic.org

Professor - TCF Dept. - U Alabama

----
Learn to speak like a film/TV professor! Listen to the ScreenLex
podcast:
http://www.screenlex.org