SCREEN-L Archives

October 2000, Week 4

From:
Robert Hunt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Oct 2000 17:14:45 EDT
The reference to "Little Shop of Horros" brings up an interesting subject for
research - ways in which films have been changed due to the reactions of a
test audience. I suppose the current trend for including deleted scenes on
DVD releases may add a few more illustrations, but here's one from my own
experience. I attended a sneak preview of the Steve Martin film "The Jerk"
which included a very funny cameo by Bill Murray as a real estate agent. Or
at least I thought it was funny....no one else in the audience laughed.
Needless to say, that scene was taken out before the commercial release....

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/ScreenSite