SCREEN-L Archives

October 2000, Week 4

From:
tutuila polynesian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Oct 2000 14:57:27 EDT
On October 27, 2000 at 10:24pm +0200, you wrote:
>Dear Screen-l members.
>
>Currently I am doing research on Kenji Mizoguchi. I have managed to acquire
>tapes/DVD on most of his films, but
>still some hard-to-find ones remain.
>
>These are:
>LADY MUSASHINO (1951)
>PORTRAIT OF MADAME YUKI (1950)
>MY LOVE HAS BEEN BURNING (1949)
>VICTORY OF WOMEN (1946)
>THE DOWNFALL OF OSEN (1935)
>CASCADING WHITE THREADS (1933)
>
>If any on the list would like to sell me, advice me on how to get them, or in
>any way being of help in providing me tapes of these films, please mail me
>privately. I would be very grateful for any help and will pay quite well for
>tapes. My VCR can play NTSC, PAL and SECAM.
>
>In the case of MY LOVE HAS BEEN BURNING and PORTRAIT OF MADAME YUKI, it is
>especially irritating not to have them, since these films have quite a good
>reputation...
>
>Dag Sødtholt
>
>----
>To sign off Screen-L, e-mail [log in to unmask] and put SIGNOFF Screen-L
>in the message.  Problems?  Contact [log in to unmask]
Check the blockbusters for the following oK?
Street of Shame'56
Princess Yang Kwei Fei'55
Shin Heike Monogatari'55
The crucified Lovers,54
Sansho the Bailiff'54
A Geisha'53
Ugetsu'53
Life of Oharu'52
Utamaro and His Five Women'46
47 Ronin,Part 1'42
47 Ronin,Part 2'42
The Story of the late Chrysanthemum'39
Osaka Elegy'36
Sister of the Gion'36
I am truly sorry all the above flims are in the United States. Perhaps if you
call the
blockbusters of the hollywood X stores in the US.  Good Luck!
                                      tutuila ...^: