SCREEN-L Archives

January 1997, Week 5

From:
Kale Whorton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 1997 17:30:59 -0800
At 12:02 AM -0600 on 1/28/97 Automatic digest processor wrote:
>Date:    Mon, 27 Jan 1997 09:13:12 -0800
>From:    Eric Borer <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Seeking a Documentary...
>
>Maybe this seems like a simple question, but...
>
>I'm looking for the title of a documentary (released last year?) about the
>Virginia Senatorial race between Ollie North and Chuck Robb. Does anyone
>know if it's available on video? I just called Facets, and they weren't
>too helpful.

Actually, there were two of them released last year, one being "Ollie's
Army" and the other being "A Perfect Candidate".

I didn't see Ollie's Army, but A Perfect Candidate was quite good.

Kale

----
"Movies are craft, they're not art.  The art comes out of the craft.  For
example, you may have a great idea for a painting, but can you paint?  If
you say `no' then your idea is worthless because there's no way for you to
project that idea.  It's being able to execute the idea that sets you
free."
        --cinematographer Gordon Willis