SCREEN-L Archives

December 1993

Sender:
From:
"Becky Albitz 335-5931 (319 Media Services, University of Iowa Libraries)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1993 15:34:00 CST
Henry--I minor correction to your previous statement, which in fact
has the effect of being even more chilling.  The Iowa regent's policy
on sexually explicit materials does not limit warning only to
homoerotic materials.  Quite the opposite, it forces warnings to
be made about any sexually explicit material.  Your interpretation is
one many have also extrapolated from the policy, because the three
incidents which led up to the formulation of this policy all had to
do with homoerotic materials:  Taxi Zum Klo, a video art piece, and
Paris is Burning.

The Iowa regents were presented with a revised policy today from
the University of Iowa faculty, who have resisted signing on to any
policy up to this point.  I haven't heard how this turned out

Becky Albitz
Media Services Librarian/Film Studies selector
University of Iowa Libraries