SCREEN-L Archives

July 1994

From:
"D. S. Cunningham" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jul 1994 09:09:40 PDT
I know this isn't exactly a screen-L topic, but I'm not sure how many people
are aware of this terrific group. If you want to know the latest on Clipper
chip, FBI and FCC and congressional activities concerning the Internet
and how they will impact information exchange, etc., HERE is where you
will find it. I sometimes don't quite understand what the hell is
going on and what is at stake, but these folks sure try to make me
understand and will keep you apprised of what YOU *can* do to help
(i.e., providing you with e-mail addresses, fax numbers, and snail
mail addresses, model letters of your elected representatives).

We (as a nation) are reaching a critical point in the many debates
surrounding information technology. It is best that we be aware of
what's going down under the Dome in Washington. I find it scary as
hell to try to keep up myself, but CPSR's ALERT newsletter (about one
E-mail a week at most) is vital to staying marginally aware of the
rapidly changing environment.

FORWARDED POST:

Tue, 12 Jul 1994 22:06:14 -0700