SCREEN-L Archives

April 1996, Week 5

From:
William Everts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 1996 11:53:53 -4-1
This may have been a topic of past postings; if so, I'm sorry to
bring it up again.

I have a family of avid film lovers, and I would be interested in
knowing if anyone has compiled a list of the "100 films everyone
should see" or as I have read recently in my field, literature,
the "Professor's Guilt List." Every once in a while I come across
a list of books every literate person should have read, etc.
I have never seen such a list for films.  Does one exist?  Or
would the list-serv attempt to compile such a list?  I recognize
the cultural bias, and possible educational and/or generational
snobbery that such a list could engender; still as an educational
guideline for my myself and my children, I would find such a list
beneficial.

                    Thanks,

                    Bill Everts