SCREEN-L Archives

June 1998, Week 3

From:
Chris Worsnop <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 18 Jun 1998 08:43:00 -0400
There's a brief article in this morning's Toronto Star from AP in Los
Angeles. It lists the titles of the 100 films, and gives the following
three para story:

"Get ready to argue: the American Film Institute has unveiled its list of
the 100 greatest American pictures from the first century of moviemaking.

"The list, selected by more than 1500 members of the film industry, was
revealed Tuesday during a CBS special, AFI's 100 Years . . .100 Movies.

"Turner Network Television in the U.S. (not seen in Canada) will take a
closer look at the top 100 with a series beginning Tuesday. The films will
also become available in video stores."

(The list follows.)

Chris M. Worsnop

WRIGHT COMMUNICATIONS
2400 Dundas Street West
Unit 6, Suite 107
Mississauga,
ONTARIO, CANADA
L5K 2R8

Phone: (905) 823-0875
Email: <[log in to unmask]>

Homepage: <http://www.screen.com/mnet/eng/speakers/cw/worsnop.htm>

"I never understand anything until I have written about it."
Horace Walpole, 1717-1797

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/screensite