SCREEN-L Archives

May 2001, Week 4

Sender:
From:
"D. Matthew Ramsey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2001 11:01:23 -0400
Dear list members,

        I'm working on a 1930s Hollywood adaptation of a Faulkner short
story, and talking in part about possible inadequacies in adaptation theory.
So I'd like to see if I've missed anything in the field.  What do members
think are the best writings on adaptation out there?  I'm mostly using
Naremore's _Film Adaptation_ and Cartmell and Whelehan's _Adaptations From
Text to Screen, Screen to Text_.  What else have people found good?  I'm
more interested in general theorizing about adaptation, but I'd also like to
hear about individual readings that are particularly good.  Thanks.

Matt

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/ScreenSite