SCREEN-L Archives

September 2002, Week 4

Sender:
From:
Shane Nye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 10:12:10 -0700
Hello,

I wanted to mention another terminal degree in film
programs yet to be discussed which is an MFA.  It is a
stand alone degree (which in some programs includes
film studies) not a touchstone.  For example, no one
goes on to get  Ph.D. in Fine Arts.  I have also heard
it called a "teaching degree".

I am curious to hear from other MFA recepients about
their professional experiences in addition to programs
that offer MFAs in Film/Video/Media.

Thanks
shane