SCREEN-L Archives

January 1994

Sender:
From:
Jonathan Beasley Murray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 1994 13:10:53 -0600
[I am posting this for a friend. Please email [log in to unmask]]

I am working on a cultural history of stress in the United States,
especially as it concerns women and as it is imbricated with popular feminist
movements.  I am interested in U.S. films that have to do
with women and work (any type of paid labor and/or housework) and that
discuss or thematize stress, boredom, nervousness, etc.  For instance, 9 TO
5 and Valley of the Dolls.  I need titles from films dating back to the 1920s,
but my focus is on the 1960s through the present.

-Kathy Green
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee