SCREEN-L Archives

May 1995, Week 1

From:
David Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 May 1995 14:09:07 CDT
>I am interested in video production with the computer.  I have Adobe Premiere
>but, I am interested in how I can transfer my quick time movies to video tape
>without $1000s of expense of hardware and peripherals.
>
>Del Avila

Premiere is fine as is for producing QuickTime movies even on
fairly low-end equipment, provided you have a lot of patience.
There is absolutely no way for you to do serious desktop video
production for transfer to tape without spending TENS of $1,000s
on equipment and software, unless there is a service bureau near
you that will make the transfers. The drawback of this method
is that you can't really supervise the process. The learning curve
is steep, and it is very expensive. If its at all possible you should
locate a film school or college teaching multimedia near you that
has the desired equipment, and enroll in a part-time or evening
course and get some idea of what's involved.

Perhaps prices will continue to fall and make your desire more
realistic in, say, two to five more years.

<Jerry Butler, I leave it to your judgement whether this merits
posting to SCREEN-L. It really belongs in a multimedia usenet
or discussion list, in my opinion>

David Smith