SCREEN-L Archives

March 1995, Week 2

Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 1995 13:12:38 CST
It's funny that the world of movies would be adversely affected by a SAG
strike, when SAG routinely has people working on non-union shows, or shows
that  IATSE has tried to organize and couldn't, or pickets. One of the
reasons the Tech unions have become so impotent, and one reasoin I'm not in
it, is cuz noone respects them. SAG, DGA, and WGA not honoring IA lines
doesn't help either. AS a matter of fact, at a recent awards dinner, the
president of SAG thanked all their union brothers and sisters in the DGA and
WGA for their help over the years....gee, I wonder how many SAG actors would
be stars if some IA member didn't make them look good with the light?

You can't make a movie without light, or without a grip to rig it in some
nook or cranny.....jeez...when will people realize this?

the disgruntled tech...

[        Mike Sime      ] It's not the time it takes to
[    Video Schmideo! ]
take the takes, it's the time it
[[log in to unmask]] takes BETWEEN the takes, that
[[log in to unmask] ] takes the time to take the takes.