SCREEN-L Archives

April 1994

Sender:
From:
Rhona Berenstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Apr 1994 18:20:35 PDT
Does any one out there know about distribution sources for Canadian films in the
United States, other than the NFB and the Center in Plattsburg, NY? I'm going to
be teaching a course in the History of Canadian Cinema in the fall and would
love some tips on distributors. I taught the course in the fall of 1992 and had
to rely, far too heavily, on third generation dubbed videos from other
collections. While some Canadian distributors used to ship films over the border
to the US, the ones I contacted a year and a half ago no longer do so.
Especially useful would be information on the availability of the following
films:La Lutte (with English sub-titles), Quebec, USA (Brault, 1962), Golden
Gloves (Groulx, 1961), A Married Couple (King, 1969), any film by Jean-Pierre
Lefebvre with English sub-titles, Passion: A Letter in 16mm (Rozema, 1985), and
La vie revee (Dansereau, 1972) with English sub-titles. If anyone owns high
quality video dubs that s/he would be willing to share, I'd greatly appreciate
tips on that format as well.

Please respond directly to my e-mail address regarding this matter and thanks in
advance for your he

Rhona J. Berenstein
HH 340C, Program in Film Studies
University of California
Irvine, CA 92717-2435, (714) 856-6279

e-mail address: [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]