SCREEN-L Archives

February 2021, Week 4

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 2021 09:25:00 +0000
From:
Matthew Freeman <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
*IMMERSIVE PROMOTION DESIGN LTD.: **CALL FOR RESEARCH TOOLKITS*

Immersive Promotion Design Ltd. <https://www.immersivepromotion.com/> is a
new marketing consultancy for the world of XR, supporting Virtual,
Augmented & Mixed Reality creatives and businesses to better communicate
with their audiences about the magic of immersive content. It builds on
sector-development research funded by StoryFutures Academy and Bristol+Bath
Creative R+D, and brings together expertise from the BBC VR Hub, Limina
Immersive, StoryCentral, Raucous, Bath Spa University and beyond.

Central to our approach to working with industry is that it is underpinned
by research, and so we are now looking to further build our network with
academics and creative practitioners working in the area of immersive media
and/or marketing. In particular, we wish to build up our *Research Toolkits*
that can raise our profile and inform future consultancy work. In return,
your Research Toolkit will be published on the immersive promotion website
as an open access resource, and longer-term you will be invited to
join our team
of experts <https://www.immersivepromotion.com/our-people> where you can
play a role in supporting XR client work on a freelance or consultancy
basis.

Our current Research Toolkits include the Immersive Promotion Bible
<https://www.immersivepromotion.com/immersive-promotion-bible>, which
offers a road-map for producing marketing campaigns for VR & AR
experiences, the Understanding the VR Market in 2021
<https://www.immersivepromotion.com/understanding-the-vr-market-in-2021>
report, which overviews the state of play for VR headset sales since the
pandemic, and the Teaching Immersive Promotion
<https://www.immersivepromotion.com/teaching-immersive-promotion>
resources, a collection of video lectures, workshops and assessment
exemplars aimed at academics. Other valuable research areas may include:

   - Diversifying the audience for XR;
   - Technological innovations in XR;
   - Duty of care and ethics in XR production;
   - Representational issues in XR content;
   - Using VR, AR & MR to promote non-XR products, e.g. retail,
   hospitality, health;
   - Audience insight into the value of XR in 2021;
   - Any other areas that support our mission to develop new ways of
   talking to audiences about the magic of XR.

If you wish to discuss this opportunity further or to explore possible
ideas, please email Dr Matthew Freeman ([log in to unmask]).

There are no firm deadlines as Immersive Promotion Design Ltd. is a
long-term initiative, so we can be flexible about your contribution.

Learn more at our website: www.immersivepromotion.com

*Dr Matthew Freeman, FHEA*
*Reader in Multiplatform Media*
*Unit of Assessment Leader, **Communication, Cultural and Media Studies*
*Co-Director, The Centre for Media Research
<https://www.bathspa.ac.uk/research-and-enterprise/research-centres/centre-for-media-research/>*
*Film and Media Subject Lead**, SWW AHRC DTP <https://www.sww-ahdtp.ac.uk>*
*Co-Editor, International Journal of Creative Media Research
<https://www.creativemediaresearch.org/>*

The School of Creative Industries
Bath Spa University
Newton Park, Bath, BA2 9BN