SCREEN-L Archives

January 2023, Week 2

From:
Eric Coombs Esmail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jan 2023 14:58:10 -0700
 Dear Friends and Colleagues,

This is a friendly reminder that discounted early submissions are still
open for the 2023 edition of the Mimesis Documentary Festival
<https://centerforethnographicmedia.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8d02b3ebfaceb3cb489c1a57d&id=746a43e5f9&e=c45d2a1f4a>
through January 15th. For the most up to date information on Mimesis,
please follow us @mimesisdocfest on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.

We are also thrilled to confirm that Mimesis will return to the Dairy Arts
Center <https://thedairy.org/> in Boulder, Colorado, August 15-20, to
showcase personal, underrepresented, and culturally specific projects that
offer the most profound experiences of art made from life.

Further discounts are available for University of Colorado Boulder students
and alumni, and for previously accepted Mimesis Artists (upon request).
Contact [log in to unmask] for more information.

As always, 80% of our programming this year will be sourced from open
submissions. More information <http://mimesisfestival.org/submit>.

Submit to Mimesis <https://filmfreeway.com/MimesisDocFest>

We are also thrilled to announce our Audience Award winners from 2022:

   -

   Best Feature Documentary - Song of Salt by Emma Baiada and Nicolas Snyder
   -

   Best Short Documentary - The Truth About Hastings by Dan Schneidkraut
   -

   Best Emerging Artist - Cruces by Carlos Tobon Franco

Full recap of the 2022 event
<https://www.mimesisfestival.org/news/mdf-2022-in-review>.

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions.

In solidarity,
Eric Coombs Esmail (h)
*Director *// Center for Documentary and Ethnographic Media
*Assistant Professor *// Critical Media Practices
College of Media, Communication, and Information
University of Colorado *Boulder*
303-735-6470

----
Screen-L is sponsored by the College of Communication and Information Sciences,
the University of Alabama: https://cis.ua.edu