SCREEN-L Archives

December 1998, Week 1

Sender:
From:
Lang Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Dec 1998 02:17:21 -0500
At 11:43 AM 11/30/98 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi everyone.  I am currently writing a thesis on the films of Douglas Sirk.
>The section that I am working on now is based largely on the screening
>notes that I took during the 1997 Sirk retrospective organised by the
>Ontario Cinematheque in Toronto, since I have not been able to obtain a
>video copy of his 1936 film "Schlussakkord" or "Final Chord" through

Try this website

http://www.germanvideo.com/www.germanvideo.com/60yr.htm

for an unsubtitled, NTSC tape at $39.95.  I haven't ordered from them and
so can't vouch for or against them.  They're also selling Sirk's "La
Habanera" which is not only a fantastic film but shows just how much an
auteur Sirk was.

LT
Lang Thompson
http://www.tcf.ua.edu/wlt4

New at the Funhouse website:  Did Elvis Steal Rock 'n'
Roll?, The X-Files Movie Bites!, music reviews

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/screensite