SCREEN-L Archives

April 1995, Week 1

From:
edwin jahiel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 1995 14:59:50 CDT
>At 10:44 AM 4/4/95 -0500, Ulf Dalquist wrote:

Additions. 1) Eastwood was Jury President, not just member  2) No proof he
influenced anyone unduly  3) At Cannes proper there was wide expectation
that Pulp Fiction would get top prize  4) A small percentage of critics was
annoyed, but no more than usual and less than in some years

Edwin Jahiel,Cinema Studies, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

"and there is throats to be cut, and works to be done" (Capt.Macmorris in
Shakespeare's HENRY V, act III sc.II)