SCREEN-L Archives

August 2014, Week 4

Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 2014 14:30:55 -0700
Sender:
From:
Karen Petruska <[log in to unmask]>
CFP: Connected Viewing – Research on Emerging Trends
Project Dates: August 2014 - June 2015

Deadline to submit proposal: August 31, 2014

The Media Industries Project (MIP) at the Carsey-Wolf Center at UC Santa
Barbara (http://www.carseywolf.ucsb.edu/mip), in collaboration with Warner
Bros., is assembling a small team of researchers for the third year of our
“Connected Viewing” initiative. We are examining emerging trends in digital
distribution and multi-screen exhibition as well as new forms of audience
activity and engagement, and their cultural implications.

We encourage proposals to study these issues from various perspectives and
methodologies, but are especially receptive to research questions that
focus on connected viewing in relation to:

** International markets, particularly India, Russia, Southeast Asia, and
Latin America
** Multichannel Networks (MCNs) e.g., AwesomenessTV, Machinima
** Digital gaming
** Social media
** Big data
** Digital distribution trends and technologies
** College student media practices

Funding for projects will likely be in the $5,000-$10,000 range. We will
finalize the team by September 2014.

All participants must be able to attend two research workshops and
presentations in Southern California – one in late October/early November
2014 and the other in May/June 2015. Funding will be available for
principal researcher’s travel.

Please submit a 500-word project proposal and budget, along with a CV and
letter of application by August 31, 2014. Send completed applications and
direct all inquiries to Dr. Karen Petruska at: [log in to unmask]
.

To view full CFP, please visit our website:
http://www.carseywolf.ucsb.edu/mip/cvi-cfp.

--
Karen Petruska, Ph.D.
Project Lead, Connected Viewing Initiative

----
Learn to speak like a film/TV professor! Listen to the ScreenLex
podcast:
http://www.screenlex.org